The SentryOne Document Solution Configuration tool allows you to add Solutions and Solution items to your SentryOne Document environment. Selecting to Add a Solution item opens the Add Solution item window. Each Solution item contains the following configurable options:
|Item Name||The name you want to give your solution item.|
|Source Type||The type of solution item that you want to add to your solution.|
|Only update this item as part of a manual snapshot||Selecting this checkbox only updates the solution item when you choose to manually snapshot the solution.|
|Snapshot this item using a 32-bit process||Selecting this checkbox uses a 32-bit process to snapshot the solution item. Note: A more efficient 64-bit process is used to snapshot solution items by default.|
You can select from a variety of solutions to document, including the following:
Note: If a Solution item provider isn't available for you to select in the Solution Configuration tool, your system may not meet the provider's system requirements. For information about the individual requirements to document a provider, see the System Requirements article.
Unsupported: Hive (Beta) and Informatica PowerCenter (Beta) are not supported.
Filtering Solution Items
SentryOne Document allows you to control the amount of data you want to record within your solution items. Manage the data within new or existing solution items by using the Edit Filter button. Complete the following steps to filter your solution item:
1. Open an existing SentryOne Document Solution (or create a new one).
2. Select Add to create a new solution item, or select Edit to open an existing solution item.
3. Select Edit Filter to open the Configure filtering window for the selected solution item.
4. Select the object type(s) you want to exclude from solution item snapshot, and then select Next to continue.
Note: A checkmark indicates that the Object type is included in the snapshot. An X mark indicates that the object type is excluded from the snapshot. All Object types are included for the solution item by default.
Note: The next page presents you with a tree diagram that represents the solution item snapshot. You can select to exclude individual objects in this section.
5. Select to expand the solution item tree, and then select the object(s) you want to exclude from the snapshot.
Note: Selecting an object at the top of a hierarchy automatically excludes the objects below the selected object.
6. Select OK to save your solution item filter.