Update: SentryOne Document is now SolarWinds Database Mapper (DMR). See the Database Mapper product page to learn more about features and licensing. Want to explore Database Mapper? An interactive demo environment is available without any signup requirements.
|Solution Item Icon||Description|
|SolarWinds Database Mapper allows you to document the SalesForce.com connections within your environment.|
Add a SalesForce solution item to your Database Mapper solution by completing the following steps:
1. Select Add to add a new solution, or select Open to open an existing solution in the Database Mapper configuration tool.
2. Select Add to open the Add Solution Item window.
3. Enter an item name, then select SalesForce from the Source type drop-down list.
4. Enter your SalesForce login in the Username field, then enter your associated password and security token from SalesForce in the Password field.
5. Enter the amount of time in seconds you want the provider to wait before the connection times out.
Note: 60 seconds is the default connection timeout value.
6. Enter your connection endpoint in the Enter the Server URL field.
Note: For most SalesForce accounts, the Server URL starts with https://login.salesforce.com. For SalesForce sandbox accounts, the Server URL starts with https://test.login.com.
Note: If you want to use a proxy to connect to the Internet, select click here to open the SalesForce Proxy configuration page. Select Use Proxy to begin configuring your credentials. Enter the Host and Port number for your proxy, and then enter the desired Domain. Enter the Username and Password for your proxy, and then select Ok to continue to Step 7.
7. Select Validate to validate your connection credentials. After your connection has been validated, select OK to save your SalesForce solution item.
SalesForce Solution Item Sample Documentation
Additional Information: You need to take a snapshot of your Solution and SalesForce Solution item before viewing any documentation or lineage. For more information about taking a snapshot, see the Generating Documentation and Scheduling a Snapshot articles.
After adding a Solution with your SalesForce Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your documentation.
Additional Information: For more information about the Documentation tab in Database Mapper, see the Documentation article.
SalesForce Solution Item Sample Lineage
After adding a Solution with your SalesForce Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your Solution's lineage within the environment. Lineage provides some of the same options on the nodes, but displays graphs and dependency flows of the information and connections. You can adjust the granularity or apply filters.
View the lineage for Inbound and Outbound Flows.
View the lineage for individual objects.
Additional Information: For more information about the Lineage tab in Database Mapper, see the Lineage article.