Update: SentryOne Document is now SolarWinds Database Mapper (DMR). See the Database Mapper product page to learn more about features and licensing. Want to explore Database Mapper? An interactive demo environment is available without any signup requirements.
|Solution Item Icon||Solution Item Description|
SolarWinds Database Mapper is able to document SSAS Cubes and Databases across major versions of SQL Server. See the System Requirements article for details on prerequisites. With the SSAS Cube and Database Documentation you can see the properties and attributes of each dimension in a cube.
Adding SSAS Server
Add an SSAS Server Solution item to your Database Mapper Solution by completing the following steps:
1. Select Add to add a new Solution, or select Open to open an existing solution in the Database Mapper Configuration tool.
2. Select Add to open the Add Solution item window.
3. Enter an item name, and then select SSAS Server 2005- 2014, SSAS Server 2016, or SSAS Server 2017 - 2019 provider from the Source type drop-down list.
Use the SSAS Server provider when connecting to the following SSAS Modes:
- MultiDimensional instances with server versions between 2005 and 2014
- Tabular instances with server versions between 2012 and 2014
Use the SSAS Server 2016 provider when connecting to the following SSAS Modes:
- MultiDimensional instances with server versions above 2016
- Tabular instances with server versions above 2016
- Azure Analysis Services
4. Select On Premises or Azure, and then enter a valid server name and connection credentials for your connection.
Note: If you have selected SSAS Server 2016 and are attempting to connect to Azure Analysis Services, Azure Active Directory credentials are required. To connect to Azure Analysis Services, you need to download and install the latest Microsoft Azure Analysis Services Client Libraries.
5. Select OK to add the SSAS Server Solution item to your Database Mapper Solution.
SSAS Solution Item Sample Documentation
Additional Information: You need to take a snapshot of your Solution and SSAS Solution item before viewing any documentation or lineage. For more information about taking a snapshot, see the Generating Documentation and Scheduling a Snapshot articles.
After adding a Solution with your SSAS Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your documentation.
Display documentation for your SSAS Server connections, SSAS Server Databases, and SSAS Server Data Source views.
Display documentation for more granular data, such as SSAS Server Cube Dimensions, SSAS Server Cube Calculations, and SSAS Server Cube KPIs.
Additional Information: For more information about the Documentation tab in Database Mapper, see the Documentation article.
SSAS Solution Item Sample Lineage
After adding a Solution with your SSAS Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your Solution's lineage within the environment. Lineage provides some of the same options on the nodes, but displays graphs and dependency flows of the information and connections. You can adjust the granularity or apply filters.
Display lineage for your SSAS Server databases and data source views.
Display lineage for more granular data, such as SSAS Server Data Source View Table columns and SSAS Server Cube Measure Groups.
Additional Information: For more information about the Lineage tab in Database Mapper, see the Lineage article.