Update: SentryOne Document is now SolarWinds Database Mapper (DMR). See the Database Mapper product page to learn more about features and licensing. Want to explore Database Mapper? An interactive demo environment is available without any signup requirements.
|Solution Item Icon||Solution Item Description|
SolarWinds Database Mapper documents SSRS Reports found on the File System across major versions of SQL Server. See the System Requirements article for details on prerequisites. With SSRS Report documentation you can view the properties, parameters, and data sources of a report.
Adding SSRS Report
Add an SSRS Report Solution item to your Database Mapper Solution by completing the following steps:
1. Select Add to add a new Solution, or select Open to open an existing solution in the Database Mapper Configuration tool.
2. Select Add to open the Add Solution item window.
3. Enter an item name, and then select SSRS 2008 R2 - 2017 from the Source type drop-down list.
4. Select the desired SSRS Report connection option (File, Folder, Native Web Service, or SharePoint Web Service) and then enter the connection properties.
Note: The SSRS Provider contains several connection options:
- File: Select File to document SSRS Item(s) located on the file system. Select the ellipses to open the file explorer and then navigate to the location of any *.rdl, *.rds, *.rsd, or *.rptproj files.
- Folder: Like File, select Folder to document SSRS Item(s) located on the file system. Unlike file, the Folder option will recursively document all SSRS items located within the folder. Select the ellipses to open the file explorer and then navigate to a folder that contains at least one SSRS item.
- Native Web Service: Select Native Web Service to document an SSRS Native Web Service. Use the Folder text box to only document specific folders within an Native Web Service.
- SharePoint Web Service: Select SharePoint Web Service to document an SSRS SharePoint Web Service. Use the Folder text box to only document specific folders within an Native Web Service.
5. Select OK to add the SSRS Report Solution item to your Database Mapper Solution.
Additional Information: You need to take a snapshot of your Solution and SSRS Solution item before viewing any documentation or lineage. For more information about taking a snapshot, see the Generating Documentation and Scheduling a Snapshot articles.
After adding a Solution with your SSRS Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your documentation.
Additional Information: For more information about the Documentation tab in Database Mapper, see the Documentation article.
After adding a Solution with your SSRS Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your Solution's lineage within the environment. Lineage provides some of the same options on the nodes, but displays graphs and dependency flows of the information and connections. You can adjust the granularity or apply filters.
Additional Information: For more information about the Lineage tab in Database Mapper, see the Lineage article.