EOL: An end of life announcement has been made for Database Mapper on February 28, 2023. See the Solarwinds End of Life Policy for more information.
|Solution Item Icon||Solution Item Description|
SolarWinds Database Mapper allows you to quickly develop an overview of your Integration Services Packages. With the SSIS Package documentation you can display diagrams of both the control and data flow of an SSIS package. See the System Requirements article for details on prerequisites.
Note: SSIS provider works against SSIS 2005 and above when connecting to the File System, SQL Server, SSIS Package Store and SSIS 2012 and above when connecting to the SSIS Catalog.
Adding SSIS Package
Add an SSIS Package Solution item to your Database Mapper Solution by completing the following steps:
1. Select Add to add a new Solution, or select Open to open an existing solution in the Database Mapper Configuration tool.
2. Select Add to open the Add Solution item window.
3.Enter an item name, and then select SSIS 2005, SSIS 2008, SSIS 2012, SSIS 2014, SSIS 2016, SSIS 2017, or SSIS 2019 from the Source type drop-down list.
4. Select the desired SSIS Package connection option (File, Folder, SQL Server, Package Store, and Catalog) and then enter the connection properties.
Note: The SSIS Provider contains several connection options:
- File: Select File to document SSIS Item(s) located on the file system. Select the ellipses to open the file explorer and then navigate to the location of any *.dtsx, *.dtproj, *.sln, or *.ispac files.
- Folder: Select Folder to recursively document all Excel Workbook Item(s) located within a specific folder on the file system. Select the ellipses to open the file explorer and then navigate to a folder that contains at least one SSIS item.
- SQL Server: Select SQL Server to document SSIS Item(s) deployed to a SQL Server instance.
- Package Store: Select Package Store to document SSIS Item(s) deployed to an SSIS Package Store.
- Catalog: Select Catalog to document SSIS item(s) deployed to an SSIS Package Catalog.
Important: Due to Database Mapper's need to extract metadata from SSIS Packages, Integrated Security is required to connect to an SSIS Catalog.
5. Select OK to add the SSIS Package Solution item to your Database Mapper Solution.
SSIS Solution Item Sample Documentation
Additional Information: You need to take a snapshot of your Solution and SSIS Solution item before viewing any documentation or lineage. For more information about taking a snapshot, see the Generating Documentation and Scheduling a Snapshot articles.
After adding a Solution with your SSIS Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your documentation. View documentation for your SSIS Projects and Project Connection Managers.
View more granular information, such as Individual Package Tasks, Connection Managers, and Variables.
Additional Information: For more information about the Documentation tab in Database Mapper, see the Documentation article.
SSIS Solution Item Sample Lineage
After adding a Solution with your SSIS Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your Solution's lineage within the environment. Lineage provides some of the same options on the nodes, but displays graphs and dependency flows of the information and connections. You can adjust the granularity or apply filters.
Display lineage for your SSIS Projects.
Display lineage for SSIS Tasks, and more granular information such as Task Endpoints.
Additional Information: For more information about the Lineage tab in Database Mapper, see the Lineage article.