EOL: An end of life announcement has been made for Database Mapper on February 28, 2023. See the Solarwinds End of Life Policy for more information.
|Solution Item Icon||Solution Item Description|
SolarWinds Database Mapper allows you to document databases across major versions of Tableau Server. See the System Requirements article for details on prerequisites.
Adding Tableau Server
Add a Tableau Server Solution item to your Database Mapper Solution by completing the following steps:
1. Select Add to add a new Solution, or select Open to open an existing solution in the Database Mapper Configuration tool.
2. Select Add to open the Add Solution item window.
3. Enter an item name, and then select Tableau Server from the Source type drop-down list.
4. Enter your valid server name, and connection credentials.
Important: The credentials used to connect to the Tableau Server must be assigned the Server Administrator role.
5. Select OK to add the Tableau Server Solution item to your SDatabase Mapper Solution.
Additional Information: You need to take a snapshot of your Solution and Tableau Server Solution item before viewing any documentation or lineage. For more information about taking a snapshot, see the Generating Documentation and Scheduling a Snapshot articles.
After adding a Solution with your Tableau Server Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your documentation and lineage within the environment.