|Solution Item Icon||Solution Item Description|
SentryOne Document allows you to quickly develop a Lineage overview of your Excel Workbooks (*.xlsx) that contain SQL Server and Analysis Services data sources.
Adding Excel Spreadsheet
Additional Information: You need to add a SentryOne Document Solution before adding an Excel Spreadsheet Solution item. For more information about adding a solution, see the Configuring Solutions and SentryOne Document Solutions articles.
Add an Excel Spreadsheet Solution item to your SentryOne Document Solution by completing the following steps:
1. Select Add to add a new Solution, or select Open to open an existing solution in the SentryOne Document Configuration tool.
2. Select Add to open the Add Solution item window.
3. Enter an item name, and then select Excel Spreadsheet from the Source type drop-down list.
4. Select File to document an Excel Workbook on the file system, or select Folder to recursively document all Excel Workbook items within the selected folder.
Note: Selecting the ellipsis launches the file explorer, allowing you to navigate to the desired file or file folder.
5. Select OK to add the Excel Spreadsheet Solution item to your SentryOne Document Solution.
Additional Information: You need to take a snapshot of your Solution and Excel Spreadsheet Solution item before viewing any documentation or lineage. For more information about taking a snapshot, see the Generating Documentation and Scheduling a Snapshot articles.
After adding a Solution with your Excel Spreadsheet Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your documentation.
Additional Information: For more information about the Documentation tab in SentryOne Document, see the Documentation article.
After adding a Solution with your Excel Spreadsheet Solution Item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your Solution's lineage within the environment.
Additional Information: For more information about the Lineage tab in SentryOne Document, see the Lineage article.