Update: SentryOne Document is now SolarWinds Database Mapper (DMR). See the Database Mapper product page to learn more about features and licensing. Want to explore Database Mapper? An interactive demo environment is available without any signup requirements.
|Solution Item Icon||Solution Item Description|
Database Mapper allows you to document databases across major versions of PostgreSQL. See the System Requirements article for details on prerequisites.
Note: PostgreSQL is a database-level provider. Lineage is not generated for this solution item type.
Add an PostgreSQL solution item to your Database Mapper solution by completing the following steps:
1. Select Add to add a new solution, or select Open to open an existing solution in the Configuration Tool.
2. Select Add to open the Add Solution item window.
3. Enter an item name, then select PostgreSQL from the Source type drop-down list.
4. Select PostgreSQL then enter a valid connection string. You can either copy and paste a connection string into the Configuration Tool or edit the individual values.
5. Select OK to add the PostgreSQL solution item to your Database Mapper solution.
PostgreSQL Solution Item Documentation
Additional Information: You need to take a snapshot of your solution and PostgreSQL solution item before viewing any documentation. For more information about taking a snapshot, see the Generating Documentation and Scheduling a Snapshot articles.
After adding a solution with your PostgreSQL solution item, and taking a snapshot, you are ready to view your documentation.
Additional Information: For more information about the Documentation tab in Database Mapper, see the Documentation article.