Note: Your Azure Portal menu and icons may appear differently than shown below.
- Log in to Azure Portal, then select Azure Active Directory.
- Select App Registrations from the options.
- Select New registration.
- Complete the form to fill in the details required to Register an application.
- Add roles to the application.Additional Information: See the official Microsoft documentation for instructions on how to apply permissions to an application. Read and apply the section on Assign the application to a role. You may need to be assigned a contributor role to the application to make these changes. If that's the case, your Azure Portal administrator will need to make any required changes to your role.
- Gather login details for the Azure Data Factory provider to allow SentryOne Document (or DOC xPress) to access your Azure Data Factory.
- For the Client ID and Tenant ID, select the Overview page of your ADF App in Azure Portal. On this page, you'll see the Application (client) ID used as the Application ID and the Directory (tenant) ID used as the Tenant ID on the connection details.
- Create a new secret that will be used as the Authentication Key on the login screen. Select Certificates & Secrets from the Manage menu.
- Select New client secret.
- Enter a Description and set a duration for the Expires value. Select Add to view the new secret.
- Select Properties from the General menu to view the Subscription and Resource group information.
- Add all collected values to the Enter the Azure Connection details form on the Azure Data Factory Connection screen, then select Validate.
Success: You have connected your application to Azure Data Factory!