Note: While this step isn't required before signing in, you'll want to configure a solution first so you'll have something to see once you log into SentryOne Document.
Configuring Your First Solution
After installing the SentryOne Document remote agent and configuration tool, you can add solutions and solution items that you want to document. A SentryOne Document solution is a user-defined grouping of the data providers that you want to document and analyze in your environment. Each solution contains user-added solution items. Solution items are the individual documentation providers that contain the user-defined credentials needed to connect to and document a specific target technology. For example, you could have a Production solution, that consists of the SQL Server solutions items, and SSIS package solution items used in your production environment.
Note: Solution items can be filtered to contain the amount of information you want to document. For example, you can filter a SQL Server solution item to contain only databases, or specific tables. For more information about configuring and filtering solution items, see the Solution Items article.
Add your first solution and solution item with the SentryOne Document configuration tool by completing the following steps:
1. Select Configure Solutions from the Remote Agent Configuration Tool to open the SentryOne Document Solution Configuration Tool.
Note: The SentryOne Document Solution Configuration Tool is installed with the SentryOne Document remote agent.
2. Select Add to open the Solution Wizard, and then select Start on the welcome page to continue.
3. Enter a meaningful name for your solution, then select OK to continue.
4. Enter an item name for your solution item, then select a source type for your solution item from the drop-down list.
Additional Information: See the Solution Items article for details about the solution wizard and available source types.
Unsupported: Hive (Beta) and Informatica PowerCenter (Beta) are not supported.
5. Enter the connection string, or browse for the desired solution item. Select OK to add the solution item, and finalize the solution.
Success: Your solution item has been successfully added to your SentryOne Document solution.
6. Log into SentryOne Document at document.sentryone.com to view your new Solution.
Adding Additional Solution Items
You can add more solution items to your solution by selecting Add, and then repeating steps four and five from above.