Update: SentryOne Document is now SolarWinds Database Mapper (DMR). See the Database Mapper product page to learn more about features and licensing. Want to explore Database Mapper? An interactive demo environment is available without any signup requirements.
Note: While this step isn't required before signing in, you'll want to configure a solution first so you'll have something to see once you log into Database Mapper.
Configuring Your First Solution
After installing the Database Mapper remote agent and configuration tool, you can add solutions and solution items that you want to document. A Database Mapper solution is a user-defined grouping of the data providers that you want to document and analyze in your environment. Each solution contains user-added solution items. Solution items are the individual documentation providers that contain the user-defined credentials needed to connect to and document a specific target technology. For example, you could have a Production solution, that consists of the SQL Server solutions items, and SSIS package solution items used in your production environment.
Note: Solution items can be filtered to contain the amount of information you want to document. For example, you can filter a SQL Server solution item to contain only databases, or specific tables. For more information about configuring and filtering solution items, see the Solution Items article.
Add your first solution and solution item with the Database Mapper Configuration tool by completing the following steps:
1. Select Configure Solutions from the Remote Agent Configuration Tool to open the Database Mapper Solution Configuration Tool.
Note: The Database Mapper Solution Configuration Tool is installed with the Database Mapper remote agent.
2. Select Add to open the Solution Wizard, and then select Start on the welcome page to continue.
3. Enter a meaningful name for your solution, then select OK to continue.
4. Enter an item name for your solution item, then select a source type for your solution item from the drop-down list.
Additional Information: See the Solution Items article for details about the solution wizard and available source types.
5. Enter Source options connection information for the solution item. Select OK to add the solution item, and finalize the solution.
6. Select Add to include more solution items or OK to complete the process.
Success: Your solution item has been successfully added to your Database Mapper solution.
7. Log into Database Mapper at document.sentryone.com to view your new Solution.
Adding Additional Solution Items
You can add more solution items to your solution by selecting Add, and then repeating steps four and five from above.