Update: SentryOne Document is now SolarWinds Database Mapper (DMR). See the Database Mapper product page to learn more about features and licensing. Want to explore Database Mapper? An interactive demo environment is available without any signup requirements.
Creating a Database Mapper Solution
Create a new Database Mapper Solution in the Database Mapper Solution Configuration tool by completing the following steps:
1. Open the Database Mapper Solution Configuration Tool, and then select Add to open the Solution Wizard.
2. Enter a meaningful name for the solution and then select OK to create your Solution.
Success: You have now created a new Database Mapper Solution!
Note: The next screen prompts you to name the item and then select a source type. For more detailed information about adding solution items, and the specific steps for those items, see the Solution Items article.
Managing an existing Solution
To make changes to an existing Database Mapper Solution, complete the following steps :
1. Open the Database Mapper Solution Configuration tool, and then select the solution you want to manage.
2. Select Open to display the associated solution items. Select the desired Solution item, and then select Edit to begin making changes.
Managing Solutions from Multiple Organizations
If you are a member of multiple organizations, you can navigate to solutions in each organization from the Database Mapper Solution Configuration Tool and Database Mapper.
Database Mapper Solution Configuration Tool
Manage your solutions within a different organization by completing the following:
1. Open the Database Mapper Solution Configuration Tool, then select Logout to sign out of your default organization.
2. Select the Organization you want to connect to from the drop-down menu, then select Connect to connect to the organization.
Success: You are now connected to your selected organization, and can manage its Solutions and Solution items.
Manage your solutions and view documentation within a different organization by completing the following:
1. Log into Database Mapper.
2. Select the Organization drop-down menu, then select the Organization you want to view.
Success: You can now view the documentation from the selected organization.
Viewing your Solutions on the Solutions Dashboard
After configuring your solutions in the Database Mapper Solution Configuration tool, you can log onto your Database Mapper portal and view your snapshotted solutions.