With SentryOne Document, you can schedule snapshots to occur at a time of your choosing. This can be useful for automating the snapshot process, and to continually update documentation for your data sources at consistent intervals. For example, you may want to schedule a snapshot weekly for a dev server to document the changes that occur on a weekly basis.
Additional Information: For information about:
To begin scheduling a snapshot for your selected remote agent, complete the following steps:
1. Open the Solutions dashboard, and select the Configure Snapshot button for the desired solution to open the Snapshot Configuration window. Copy the first snapshot command.
2. Open the SentryOne Document install directory, select SHIFT+ Right Click to open the context menu, and then select the Open PowerShell window here option.
Note: In this example, the install directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\SentryOne\SentryOne Document Remote Agent.
3. Paste and execute the copied command. Go back to SentryOne Document, then copy the second snapshot command.
Note: You only need to copy the argument. You don't need to copy the whole statement including the .exe.
4. Open Windows Task Scheduler and select Action > Create basic Task to open the Create Basic Task Wizard.
5. Enter a name and description. Select Next to continue.
6. Select a task starting point and select Next. Configure your trigger, then select Next to continue.
7. Select Start a program for the action, then select Next. Select Browse to open remote agent install directory, then select the SentryOneCommandLine.exe. Paste the previously copied Snapshot Configuration command in the Arguments box. Select Next to continue.
8. Select Finish to save your task.
Success: Your SentryOne Document Snapshot is now scheduled!