Download: Visit the SentryOne Document product page to learn more about purchasing or to start a free trial.
SentryOne Document Documentation Page
The Documentation page displays the most recent documentation for your selected solution by default.
Note: Select theConfigure Snapshot button for the desired solution on the Solutions dashboard to generate new documentation for that solution.
Opening the Documentation Page
Open documentation for your solution through one of the following methods:
Select on the Solutions dashboard for the desired solution.
Select the Documentation tab, then select the desired solution from the drop-down list.
On the Documentation page in SentryOne Document, you have complete control over your uploaded data. Display the data you want to see by completing one of the following steps:
Selectto expand the nodes, then select the desired link from the documentation tree on the left of the page.
Select a link in the documentation on the right to drill down into desired sections.
View your documentation at a specified point in time by completing the following steps:
1. Select the view button (Current Version) to expand the documentation view options.
Note: The view button displays as Current Version, or a specified date and time depending on the selected view.
2. Select the Point in time view, then enter the desired time.
3. Select OK to update the documentation.
Success: You are now viewing your historical documentation!
Note: Return to the current view of your documentation at any time by selecting the view button, then selecting Current.
Searching for Data
Search for specific metadata within your environment by using the Documentation page search bar.
Enter a specific search term into the search bar, then select Search to display your results.
Select a link from the Search results to display the data related to the search.
Note: Select Back to Last Search Results to return to the search results documentation page.
Use the SentryOne Document Documentation page to compare your documentation against previous snapshot versions, and see the changes made to your solution and solutions items over time.
|Opens the Version History for the selected object. Select two versions different versions, and then select compare to view any differences between the versions.|
|Opens the Side By Side view for the selected object. The Side By Side view displays the last collected snapshot of the object, and the Current version of the object in an easy to view comparison screen. Select different versions on the Version History tab.|
If there have been changes made to your Solution, you can view these changes by completing the following steps:
1. Open the SentryOne Document Documentation page, then select a Solution.
2. Navigate to the desired object through the solution explorer, or search for an object.
3. Select Version History to open the Version History page. Select the object versions you want to compare, then select Compare to display the Side by Side View comparison.
Note: There needs to be captured differences in the documentation to use the Documentation Version History feature. SentryOne Document displays the following prompt if there are no documented differences:
Note: In this example, the difference between the object versions can be seen in the SQL Statement.
4. Select the Diff View tab to display the object with highlighted changes.
Note: Text in red has been removed from the object , and text in green has been added to the object.
Use the Jump to Lineage button to display the data lineage for your selected documentation object.
Note: If there is no Lineage for your selected Documentation, SentryOne Document navigates to the closest parent object.
|Opens the Lineage page focused on the selected documentation object.|
Navigate to your desired documentation object, and then select Jump to Lineage to display the lineage for that object.
You can export the current version, or a point in time version of your documentation for any selected Solution. Save the exported documentation for your records, or distribute the exported documentation across your team and business leaders. Begin exporting your documentation by completing the following steps:
1. Select Solutions to open the SentryOne Document Solutions Dashboard.
2. Select the Export Documentation button and the select Export Documentation to open the Documentation Export window.
3. Select the version of the documentation that you want to export. Select Current Version, and then select Point in Time to select a previous documentation version. Select a date and time from the calendar, and then select Ok to save your selection.
Note: The current version of the documentation is selected by default.
4. Select Request Export to begin exporting the documentation.
Success: You have requested to export your documentation! View the progress of your export on the Task History page.
Downloading Exported Documentation
After your Documentation Export request has completed, you can download your documentation. Download your documentation by completing the following steps:
1. Select Solutions to open the Solutions Dashboard.
2. Select the Export Documentation button, then select View Exports for the desired solution to open the Documentation Exports page.
3. Select the download button for the desired documentation version, then select save to save the documentation to your machine.