Uninstall SentryOne through the Control Panel in Windows. Before uninstalling, consider visiting SentryOne Support with questions or concerns.
To uninstall SentryOne (a monitoring service or client), do the following:
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Search for SentryOne and select SentryOne Platform (for the SentryOne Software/SQL Sentry monitoring solutions).
- Select Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts through Windows to complete the process.
- When you uninstall the SentryOne client or monitoring service, the associated program files are removed.
- User preferences stored in the registry are not deleted.
- The SentryOne database is not deleted.
Important: The .NET Framework files will not be removed when uninstalling SentryOne. Use Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to remove .NET Framework files.
Removing Watched Server Objects
Important: Please see the Removing Watched Server Objects article for scripts to remove the watched server objects from the target(s) after uninstalling SentryOne.
Note: When you watch events on a SQL Server, SQL Sentry places a few objects in MSDB that facilitate its lightweight polling architecture. No agents are placed on the server. This enables SQL Sentry to monitor the server with a performance overhead that's typically less than SQL Agent. For more information about watched server objects, see the Watched Server Objects topic.