Note: Task Factory can be used in a development environment without a license. A license is required to execute the packages outside of the development environment.
Additional Information: See the Task Factory product page for complete information on licensing options, prices, and models (i.e. which licenses are per server or ADF node).
Task Factory License Manager
Updating Your License
Older versions of Task Factory have different paths to the license manager.
%Program Files (x86)%\SentryOne\Task Factory\PragmaticWorks.LicenseManager.exe
1. Open the License Manager, and then select Install a License.
2. Select Use an activation key, enter the license key in the Activation Key text box, and then select Activate.
Your license has been activated.
Version 2016.2.1 path:
%ProgramFiles (x86)%\Pragmatic Works\Task Factory\LicenseManager\PragmaticWorks.LicenseManager.exe
Version 3.2 path:
%ProgramFiles%\Pragmatic Works\Task Factory\TaskFactoryRegistration.exe
1. Before installing Task Factory 3.2, run the Task Factory Registration application (located at %ProgramFiles%\Pragmatic Works\Task Factory\TaskFactoryRegistration.exe), and copy the Activation Key.
2. After the activation key is copied, uninstall the current version of Task Factory, and then install Version 3.2 ( or higher).
Important: For current versions (2016.2.1 or later), run the new Pragmatic Works License Manager application again (current release is located at %Program Files (x86)%\SentryOne\Task Factory\PragmaticWorks.LicenseManager.exe) then select Install A License. All previous versions need to use the same registration tool found in step one.
3. When the Licensing window opens, select I have an activation key, and then select Ok to continue.
4. Paste or enter the activation key that was copied, and then select Activate to install your license.
Task Factory Licensing Changes
Since the release of version 3.2 of Task Factory we use a licensing technology that requires every license to be updated. This means that if you have a current license, you need to run the Task Factory Registration tool with your current license key (if you have one) and update your license.
Note: If your installation of Task Factory shows the (BIDS Only) message at the bottom then your machine does not have a license for the product, and can only be used be for development purposes. A license is needed when you execute an SSIS package containing a Task Factory component outside of BIDS.
Task Factory Licensing Options
Download: For more information about Task Factory pricing or downloading a trial, see the Task Factory product page.