Download: For more information about Task Factory pricing or downloading a trial, see the Task Factory product page.
Additional Information: See the System Requirements article for details on what's needed to install Task Factory.
- See the Release Notes for details on Task Factory versions
- For installing on Azure, see the Enabling Task Factory on Azure-SSIS IR in ADF article
Installing Task Factory
Complete the following steps to install Task Factory:
1. Start the Task Factory installer by running the TaskFactory.exe file. Select your install destination from the drop-box, then select the checkbox to agree to the license terms and conditions. Select Next to continue.
2. Select the Typical or Custom setup type, then select install.
Note: The Typical setup is recommended for most customers.
Important: If you choose the Custom installation for the 2016 version, you must include the 2012 and 2014 installations (which are selected by default).
Note: The installation process may take several minutes. You can monitor the status through the installer.
3. After the installation is complete, the confirmation window displays. Select Finish to complete the installation.
Success: The Task Factory installation is complete.
See the Task Factory Connection Managers article for instructions on adding new connection managers in Visual Studio.
Note: If your Task Factory components aren't displaying in the SSIS toolbox after installation, you may not be targeting a supported version of SSIS. See the Task Factory Items not showing up tab in the Common Errors article for more information.
Adding Task Factory Components in BIDS/Visual Studio 2010 or lower
Before you can use the Task Factory components in BIDS, you must add them to your toolbox.
Note: Adding Task Factory components in BIDS is not necessary with SQL Server Data Tools (2012 or higher).
Complete the following steps to add the Task Factory components to your toolbox:
- Open an SSIS package, then open your toolbox (View > Toolbox).
- Right click the toolbox window and select Choose Items...
- Select the SSIS Control Flow Items tab and select all deselected tasks that begin with TF. Next, follow the same step with the SSIS Data Flow Items tab.
- After you have selected all Task Factory Control Flow and Data Flow items, select OK to save and confirm your selections.