Task Factory users running version 2020.1.4 or older (released prior to May 27, 2020): There's an important Task Factory update. Please visit here for more details.
Data Cleansing Transform
|Transform Icon||Transform Description|
|The Data Cleansing Transform is used to clean or alter data coming into the transform with rules defined in the UI.|
Select the name of the column to replace.
Select the action to be taken on the data.
|Convert string to proper case (Name, Address, Title, Sentence, User)||This allows you to replace the values of an input column with a properly cased output.|
|Trim specified characters|
|Change Date Format||Allows the conversion of a date from one format to another.|
|Convert NULL to user defined value|
|Convert blank value to NULL|
|Convert blank value to user defined value|
|Replace alpha/numeric/alphanumeric characters to user defined value|
|Replace specified characters or words with user defined value|
|Replace bad date with user defined value|
|Replace matching regular expression pattern with user defined value|
|Extract data from input string using regular expression|
|Replace invalid characters that cannot be part of an XML Document|
|Replace non-printable characters|
Defining a Data Cleansing Rule
- Choose a column to replace from the Name column of the editor window.
- Next, select an action (rule) from the Action column of the editor window. This is the action taken on the data coming in.
- Setup the parameters for the selected action. Each parameter has a help tip that shows up at the bottom of the drop down menu. Select the ellipsis at the top right of the help-tip to open the full info window for that parameter.
- Each parameter has a type associated with it. This allows you to choose how the transform should fill that parameter value during runtime execution.
- Select OK to save the cleansing rule.
Additional Information: See the Task Factory Error Row Handling article for more information about this functionality.