EOL: SentryOne Test reached its end of life date on June 15, 2022. See the Solarwinds End of Life Policy for more information.
Upgrades to test.sentryone.com are applied by the SentryOne team as part of the SaaS solution. There may be times when upgrades to the installed components (Visual Studio extension and remote agent) are recommended or required. This article walks through the steps to upgrade the extension and agent.
- Open the SentryOne Test Portal at https://test.sentryone.com.
- Use the Downloads dropdown to get the most recent installer files for the Visual Studio Extension and Remote Agent.
Note: The files are also available from the main page at test.sentryone.com (without logging in):
- Run the installers by following the steps below.
Upgrading the Visual Studio Extension
- Upgrade the SentryOne Test Visual Studio Extension by running the SentryOne.Test.vsix file.
- Select the Visual Studio version where you would like to perform the installation, then select Install to complete the process.
Upgrading the Remote Agent
Note: If you want to use the same remote agent name, you must uninstall the remote agent through Add or remove programs before completing the following steps. You will not be able to use the same service instance name if you do not uninstall the remote agent before starting.
- Run the SentryOneTestRemoteAgent.msi file.
- Go through the installation dialog to accept terms and select the installation location.
- Select Install to start the Remote Agent installation process.
- Once the installation process completes, select Finish to launch the Remote Agent Configuration Tool.
Note: Deselect the Launch SentryOne Test Remote Agent Configuration Tool option if you do not want to launch it after closing the installation screen.
Remote Agent Configuration Tool
Additional Information: See the SentryOne Test Installation article for more guidance on these options.
- Launch the SentryOne Test Remote Agent Configuration Tool (if needed).
- Verify that the paths for your testing frameworks are correct. Make any changes that are needed, then select Next.
- Enter a name for your remote agent in Service instance name and keep https://test-api.sentryone.com as the Target host API URL (or use your on-premises API URL if you are using the on-premises version of SentryOne Test), then select Next.
- Open the Authentication tool when prompted and sign into your test.sentryone.com account. Choose the Organization to which you want this remote agent assigned.
- Once the process completes, you are given the option to start the service. Start the service, then close the SentryOne Test Remote Agent Configuration Tool.
Upgrading SentryOne Test Software
Applies to: This section applies only to self-hosted SentryOne Test installations. If you are using SentryOne Cloud at https://test.sentryone.com, then this section does not apply to you.
To upgrade SentryOne Test Software, run the latest SentryOne.Test.OnPremises.msi file and follow the installation instructions. The defaults for the server and host names may have changed since your previous installation. Please verify those values are correct for your configuration when upgrading.
No additional configuration (i.e. re-adding) is required for the remote agents when upgrading SentryOne Test Software. If an update is available for the remote agent software, that will need to be applied separately.
Download: Get the latest SentryOne.Test.OnPremises.msi file here.