Getting Started Overview
To get started with SentryOne Document, you'll need to install the Remote Agent and Configuration Tool. The remote agent is a service that processes the Document workload, while the configuration tool allows you to configure new solutions, then upload them to SentryOne Document. It's also where you will activate the license(s) for your remote agent(s).
Follow the tabs in order to start using SentryOne Document. The main steps are:
- Install the remote agent(s)
- Configure the remote agent(s) through the configuration tool
- Activate your license(s) through the configuration tool
- Configure a solution through the configuration tool
- Sign in to SentryOne Document at document.sentryone.com
Once you've completed the process above and signed into SentryOne Document, you can use the smiley face icon in the upper right corner of SentryOne Document to provide feedback about your experience:
You can use this as often as you need. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve this product.
Installing the Remote Agent
Download: The Remote Agent and Configuration tool is available at document.sentryone.com.
Note: Once you are logged in, there is also the option to download the configuration tool and remote agent by using the download icon on the navigation menu:
Complete the following steps to install the remote agent and configuration tool to your machine:
1. Select the remote agent installation file to open the remote agent installer. Select Next to begin the installation process.
2. Select the checkbox to agree to the End User License agreement, and then select Next to continue the installation process.
3. Select the destination folder for the installation, and then select Next to continue.
Note: The installation folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\SentryOne\SentryOne Document Remote Agent\ by default.
Note: To use a different destination, select Change to open the Change Destination folder window.
Select the desired destination folder, move up through varying levels, or create a new destination folder. Select OK to save your destination folder.
4. Select Install to begin the installation.
5. Select Finish to complete the installation and open the SentryOne Document Configuration tool.
Note: If you are having trouble installing the SentryOne Document Remote Agent, enter the following command in the command prompt :
- C:\Users\jsindelar\Downloads>SentryOne.Document.Installer.msi /l*v Installer.log
Note: The Launch SentryOne Document Remote Agent Configuration Tool option is enabled by default. Deselect the checkbox if you don't want the configuration tool to open automatically.
Success: You have installed a remote agent. Continue to the Configuration tab to complete the configuration.
SentryOne Document Remote Agent Configuration Tool
Configure the settings for your SentryOne remote agent in the SentryOne Document Remote Agent Configuration Tool. Complete the following steps to finish your configuration:
1. Enter the instance name for your remote agent, and the service URL. Select Next to continue.
Note: The Service URL is set to https://document.sentryone.com by default and this is the URL you should use for SentryOne Document.
Note: The green checkmarks shown in the image above indicate a valid connection.
2. Enter the remote agent account username and password. Select Next to continue.
Note: The service account must be within the Log on as a service local security policy. Other permissions to resources may be required in order to create snapshots.
3. Select the number of concurrent tasks that the remote agent can complete, and then enter the Local cache path. Select Next to continue.
Note: Select the ellipsis […] to browse for a local cache path.
4. Select Open authentication tool to open the SentryOne Document portal login and authenticate your credentials. Enter your SentryOne username and password, and then select Login to verify your authentication.
A valid connection displays the Ready to install window which lets you review the information you entered throughout the process.
5. Select Next to begin the installation.
Success: You have successfully configured your remote agent! Next, you'll want to start the license manager to activate the license. Continue to the License Activation tab for step-by-step instructions.
Remote Agent Configuration Tool Options
After configuring the remote agent through the configuration tool, you are presented with the following options:
|Start Service||Select Start Service to activate the remote agent on your machine.|
|Configure Solutions||Select Configure Solutions to open the SentryOne Document configuration tool. Use the SentryOne Document configuration tool to configure solutions for your environment. Add Solutions and Solution items with the configuration tool in the same way as the SentryOne Document Client. For full instructions on adding solutions and solution items, see Adding Solutions and Adding Solution items.|
|Start License Manager||Opens the SentryOne License Manager. Enter a new license for your SentryOne Document remote agent service.|
|Exit||Closes the SentryOne Document Remote Agent Configuration tool.|
Activating a License with the Configuration Tool
Activate your license through the configuration tool by completing the following steps:
1. Select Start license manager to open the License manager.
2. Select Install a License to continue to the activation options.
3. Select Use an activation key or Activate manually without internet connection. In this example, we use an activation key.
4. Enter the activation key, and then select Activate to activate the license.
Note: A green checkmark indicates that the entered license (activation key) is valid. The environment identifier is already included in the form by default.
Success: Your SentryOne Document remote agent license is now activated! Follow the instructions on the Signing In tab to log into document.sentryone.com.
4. Configure Solution
Note: While this step isn't required before signing in, you'll want to configure a solution first so you'll have something to see once you log into SentryOne Document.
Configuring Your First Solution with the Configuration Tool
After installing the SentryOne Document Remote Agent, you can add Solutions and Solution items that you want to document. Add your first Solution and Solution item with the SentryOne Document Configuration tool by completing the following steps:
1. Select Configure Solutions from the Remote Agent Configuration Tool to open the SentryOne Document Solution Configuration tool.
Note: The SentryOne Document Solution Configuration Tool is installed with the SentryOne Document Remote Agent.
2. Select Add to open the Solution Wizard, and then select Start on the Welcome page to continue.
3. Enter a meaningful name for your solution, and then select OK to continue.
4. Enter an item name for your solution item, and then select a solution item from the drop-down list.
Additional Information: See the Solution Items article for details about the solution wizard and available source types.
Unsupported: Hive (Beta) and Informatica PowerCenter (Beta) are not supported.
5. Enter the connection string, or browse for the desired solution item. Select OK to add the solution item, and finalize the solution.
Success: Your Solution item has been successfully added to your SentryOne Document Solution.
Note: You can add more Solution items to your Solution by selecting Add, and then repeating steps four and five.
6. Log into SentryOne Document to view your new Solution (instructions on the next tab).
5. Sign In
Logging into SentryOne Document
After installing and configuring the remote agent, you can log into SentryOne Document by completing the following steps:
1. Open SentryOne Document at document.sentryone.com and select Sign In to get started.
2. Enter your SentryOne account username and password, and then select Log In.
Note: If you don't have a SentryOne username and password, select Create Account to make a new account.