- Download: Download the SentryOne Document Remote Agent Configuration Tool from https://document.sentryone.com/ by selecting the Download Config Tool & Remote Agent button. This will download SentryOne.Document.Installer.msi.
- Execute the SentryOne.Document.Installer.msi file to launch the SentryOne Document Remote Agent Setup wizard. Select Next to continue.
- Select the box next to I accept the terms in the License Agreement to accept the End-User License Agreement, then select Next to continue.
- Select Next to accept the default installation direction, or use Change to set a custom installation directory before proceeding.
- Select Install on the Ready to install SentryOne Document Remote Agent screen when you want to start the installation process.
Note: Between this step and the next there may be a User Account Control popup message asking you if you want to allow the application to make changes. If the screen seems stuck and the install does not progress, the popup may be behind it.
- The Installing SentryOne Document Remote Agent screen will display the status of the installation process.
- Select Finish to complete the installation. Launch SentryOne Document Remote Agent Configuration Tool is checked by default and will open the application automatically.
Additional Information: See the Troubleshooting SentryOne Document article if you are having trouble installing the remote agent.
Configure the settings for your SentryOne remote agent in the SentryOne Document Remote Agent Configuration Tool. Complete the following steps to finish your configuration:
- Enter the instance name for your remote agent, and the service URL. Select Next to continue.
- The Service Instance Name is a friendly name for the agent. It appears in the application with this name, and the service name will be SentryOne Document Remote Agent <Service Instance Name> on the machine where it is installed.
- The Target Host URL (service URL) is set to https://document.sentryone.com by default and this is the URL you should use for SentryOne Document cloud. For SentryOne Document Software, you should use the on-premises host URL where you are self-hosting SentryOne Document.
- The green check marks shown in the image above indicate a valid connection.
- Enter the remote agent account username and password. Select Next to continue.
Note: The service account must be within the Log on as a service local security policy. Other permissions to resources may be required in order to create snapshots.
- Enter the number of Maximum Concurrent Tasks that the remote agent can complete (the default value is 4) and accept the default Local Cache Path or use the ellipsis to select a custom path. Select Next to continue.
Note: Using the ?Help button will display additional information about the fields.
- You're now ready to install the remote agent with the configuration values you just set. Select Next to start the process.
- When the installation is complete, you'll have options to 1) Start service, 2) Configure solutions, 3) Start license manager, or 4) Exit.
Option Description Start Service Select Start Service to activate the remote agent on your machine. Configure Solutions Select Configure Solutions to open the SentryOne Document configuration tool. Use the SentryOne Document configuration tool to configure solutions for your environment. Add Solutions and Solution items with the configuration tool in the same way as the SentryOne Document Client. For full instructions on adding solutions and solution items, see Adding Solutions and Adding Solution items. Start License Manager Opens the SentryOne License Manager. Enter a new license for your SentryOne Document remote agent service. Exit Closes the SentryOne Document Remote Agent Configuration tool.
- When the SentryOne Document Remote Agent and Configuration Tool first launches, there is a browser pop up screen that asks you to log in to your SentryOne account. If you are using the cloud version of SentryOne Document, this step is required. If you are using the self-hosted version, you can close this screen.
- The Welcome to SentryOne Document! screen appears. If you didn't log in, you may see a Credentials are required for this server error message for the default server. Accept the default Server if it is correct (the cloud version is https://document.sentryone.com), or enter the URL of your on-premises host.
- Select Validate to test the connection to the specified Server. Once the validate is successful, select Connect.
- Select the Start button on the Welcome! screen to add your first solution.
Additional Information: See the SentryOne Document Configuring Solutions article to continue adding your first solution.