- Purchase or download a trial of SentryOne.
- Review the Installation Recommendations article to determine where you should install the product components and how many monitoring services you will need.
- Ensure that your system meets all System Requirements for installation and using additional features.
- Have questions about security requirements and options? Check out the Security Overview article.
Each article includes instructions for the full product installation, SentryOne Portal, additional monitoring services, or additional clients (i.e. how to install only the client on workstation computers/laptops).
- Choose an installation method:
- Option 1: Original SentryOne Installation for smaller environments (i.e. estates with a single monitoring service or client) and those who do not need a command line experience for streamlining the installation or upgrade processes.
- Option 2: SentryOne Enhanced Platform Installer increases the speed and simplicity of installing and upgrading SentryOne implementations through a command line interface and is recommended for larger estates that will have more than one monitoring service or client.
- Once you've installed SentryOne, follow the Onboarding instructions for a step-by-step guide to completing the wizard and configuring your SentryOne environment, including adding your first target.
- You'll be asked to apply your license during onboarding. See the License Management article for help with applying and managing licenses.
Note: If you need additional help with getting your SentryOne installation up-and-running, please reach out to our support team through: support.sentryone.com. Our friendly and knowledgeable team is here to guide you!
- After onboarding is complete, you may want to monitor additional targets, or jump into using Performance Analysis, setting up alerts, discovering top SQL queries, or using the calendar view.
- Interested in setting up SentryOne Portal on-premises for browser-based access to your SentryOne data? See the Portal Configuration article to enable access.