- Purchase or download a trial of SentryOne.
- Review the Installation Recommendations article to determine where you should install the product components and how many monitoring services you will need.
- Ensure that your system meets all System Requirements for installation and using additional features.
- Have questions about security requirements and options? Check out the Security Overview article.
- Choose an installation method:
- Option 1: Original SentryOne Installation for smaller environments (i.e. estates with a single monitoring service or client) and those who do not need a command line experience for streamlining the installation or upgrade processes.
- Option 2: SentryOne Enhanced Platform Installer increases the speed and simplicity of installing and upgrading SentryOne implementations through a command line interface and is recommended for larger estates that will have more than one monitoring service or client.
- Once you've installed SentryOne, follow the Onboarding instructions for a step-by-step guide to completing the wizard and configuring your SentryOne environment, including adding your first target.
- You'll be asked to apply your license during onboarding. See the License Management article for help with applying and managing licenses.
Note: If you need additional help with getting your SentryOne installation up-and-running, please reach out to our support team through: support.sentryone.com. Our friendly and knowledgeable team is here to guide you!
- After onboarding is complete, you may want to monitor additional targets, or jump into using Performance Analysis, setting up alerts, discovering top SQL queries, or using the calendar view.
- Interested in setting up SentryOne Portal on-premises for browser-based access to your SentryOne data? See the Portal Configuration article to enable access.