- Purchase or download a trial of SQL Sentry.
- Review the Installation Recommendations article to determine where you should install the product components and how many monitoring services you will need.
- Ensure that your system meets all System Requirements for installation and using additional features.
- Have questions about security requirements and options? Check out the Security Overview article.
Each article includes instructions for the full product installation, SQL Sentry Portal, additional monitoring services, or additional clients (i.e. how to install only the client on workstation computers/laptops).
- Choose an installation method:
- Option 1: Original SQL Sentry Installation for smaller environments (i.e. estates with a single monitoring service or client) and those who do not need a command line experience for streamlining the installation or upgrade processes.
- Option 2: SQL Sentry Enhanced Platform Installer increases the speed and simplicity of installing and upgrading SQL Sentry implementations through a command line interface and is recommended for larger estates that will have more than one monitoring service or client.
- Once you've installed SQL Sentry, follow the Onboarding instructions for a step-by-step guide to completing the wizard and configuring your SQL Sentry environment, including adding your first target.
- You'll be asked to apply your license during onboarding. See the License Management article for help with applying and managing licenses.
Note: If you need additional help with getting your SQL Sentry installation up-and-running, please reach out to our support team through: support.sentryone.com. Our friendly and knowledgeable team is here to guide you!
- After onboarding is complete, you may want to monitor additional targets, or jump into using Performance Analysis, setting up alerts, discovering top SQL queries, or using the calendar view.
- Interested in setting up SQL Sentry Portal on-premises for browser-based access to your SQL Sentry data? See the Portal Configuration article to enable access.