Update: SentryOne Document is now SolarWinds Database Mapper (DMR). See the Database Mapper product page to learn more about features and licensing. Want to explore Database Mapper? An interactive demo environment is available without any signup requirements.
Now available: Database Mapper Software is available as a virtual machine on the Azure Marketplace. With this VM, Database Mapper Software is pre-installed, and you can immediately begin configuring solutions for your environment. Launch Database Mapper on the Azure Marketplace, and start configuring solutions now!
This article summarizes the steps to installing each product and provides links to more in-depth step by step instructions.
Cloud vs. Software
There are two versions of Database Mapper:
- Database Mapper (the cloud version at document.sentryone.com)
- Database Mapper Software (the on-premises, self-hosted version)
Additional Information: For information about product pricing and licensing, see the Database Mapper product page.
Summary of installation steps
Installing Database Mapper (Cloud)
1. Purchase or download a trial of Database Mapper (Cloud).
2. Install & configure the Database Mapper Remote Agent and Configuration Tool.
3. Create an account and sign in to Database Mapper at document.sentryone.com.
Installing Database Mapper Software (On-Prem)
1. Purchase or download a trial of Database Mapper (On-Prem).
2. Install the Database Mapper Software Web client.
3. Install and configure the Database Mapper Configuration Utility.
4. Install & configure the Database Mapper Remote Agent and Configuration Tool.
5. Activate your Database Mapper Software license(s) through the SolarWinds License Manager.
6. Sign in to Database Mapper at your on-premises host server URL for Database Mapper Software.
Each article below includes instructions for the full product installation for Database Mapper (Cloud) and Database Mapper Software (On-Prem).
Choose the installation method for your product: