For more information on the additional steps SolarWinds is taking to improve our security posture and policies, please reference this blog by SolarWinds President and CEO Sudhakar Ramakrishna.
Update: SentryOne Document is now SolarWinds Database Mapper (DMR). See the Database Mapper product page to learn more about features and licensing. Want to explore Database Mapper? An interactive demo environment is available without any signup requirements.
Version 2022.2 [April 19, 2022]
- 54812: Can automatically assign Solution Items to new Remote Agent pool when reassigning Solution
- 57445: Solution Explorer in lineage and documentation now scroll to ensure selected item is in view
- 57966: Paging support for retrieving history entities from Data Dictionary
- 58253: Improved styling for task history
- 59638: Manual snapshot cannot be taken if there is a running/pending snapshot for that solution
- 62804: Improve usability of application items when configuring data dictionary
- 64009: Enable Typescript Strict Mode
- 66602: Document Comparison UI Improvements
- 66696: Documentation search remembers location when navigating back to results
- 66959: Improved feedback when configuring remote agent
- 67148: Can view a user's effective permissions
- 67286: Data dictionary analysis mode UI improvements
- 67433: (On-Prem) Display a banner if license is expired
- 68056: Improved consistency of Remote Agent Pool deletion process
- 68502: Circular references no longer expand infinitely when using Lineage text view
- 68555: Data Dictionary now orders DacFx technology type/applicable items correctly
- 68584: [On Prem] Configuration Tool no longer gets out of sync on service installation status
- 68671: [On Prem] Configuration Tool usability improvements
- 68672: [On Prem] Improve IP and Hostname support in Configuration tool
- 68673: [On Prem] Improve port selection and defaults in Configuration Tool
- 68714: Data grid no longer shows browser console errors in certain scenarios
- 68779: Documentation Compare now has linked scroll bars for navigating differences
- 68780: Documentation Compare now allows inline/combined view of differences
- 65626: Data Dictionary for Excel
- 66172: Typing in a file location doesn't validate in solution configuration tool
- 67552: Dialogs flickering when saving Data Dictionary configuration
- 68270: Parameter link for SPROCs are broken
- 68343: [On Prem] Dependency filter reversed for Lineage
- 68358: Error snapshotting Azure SQL DB using DacFx provider
- 68583: [On Prem] Bi-directional dependencies show when inbound/outbound-only selected in Lineage
- 68748: [OnPrem] Browser console errors showing when hovering over Lineage links
- 68750: [OnPrem] Lineage sending incorrect dependency data
Version 2021.18.7 [November 30, 2021]
- 68556: DMR Software couldn't retrieve documentation icons.
- 68579: SSRS reports couldn't be captured due to log4net.
- 68419: Snapshots failed when retrieving data dictionary categories from the host.
Version 2021.18 [September 20, 2021]
- 67499: Add DacFx provider.
- 68153: Add a Configuration Utility for Database Mapper Software.
- 68264: Modify solution configuration tool to list all providers.
- 68289: Add Permissions Check to the Remote Agent Config tool.
- 67959: Can't undelete or recreate a Value List with the same name.
- 68326: Old logo displaying in documentation.
- 68342: Identically named SSRS reports counted as one object.
Version 2021.12 [July 15, 2021]
- 68072: Add ability to add Users to a Group from the Group UI.
- 67934: Issue with "Snapshot Not Found" errors.
- 68054: Add Remote Agent Pool dialog does not disappear after selecting Save.
- 68074: Close button can be pushed offscreen in Version History view.
Version 2021.8 [May 25, 2021]
- SentryOne Document has been renamed and rebranded to SolarWinds Database Mapper.
- In addition to logos and icons being updated, the licensing has been switched to SolarWinds licensing. Starting with version 2021.8, your license and software downloads are available through the SolarWinds Customer Portal. Older versions (prior to the 2021.8 rebranding) are still managed through your SentryOne account.
- You may still encounter the SentryOne Document name in things such as program directories and log files.
- 66297: Implement Data Dictionary Grid Analysis View.
- 67042: Cross solution comparison now available in Standard and Premium tiers.
- 68041: Oracle Provider added as a supported data source.
- 68042: MySQL Provider added as a supported data source.
- 68043: PostgreSQL Provider added as a supported data source.
- 68047: Feature based permissions added.
- 67353: Search does not honor chosen point in time.
Version 2021.3 [February 25, 2021]
- 66717: SentryOne Document requires accepting the SolarWinds EULA.
- 64322: New Deleting status for solutions.
- Prevents solution from being imported again while they are still deleting.
- 66606: Data Dictionary Save button within documentation will appear disabled, but can still be clicked.
- 66632: Issue with duplicate object names in the Power BI provider.
- 66633: Progress dialog "Please wait" status does not disappear after deleting a solution alias.
Version 2020.24 [December 3, 2020]
Note: Version 2020.24 includes two new features: Document Comparison and Data Dictionary Search. Snapshots taken with a remote agent version prior to 2020.24 did not gather the required metadata to support these features. Therefore, only snapshots taken with a remote agent version 2020.24 or higher will be capable of leveraging these new features.
Data Dictionary Search will automatically work for new solutions added after upgrading to 2020.24. Existing solutions require a manual process to convert them. Follow these steps:
- Go to to Data Dictionary Categories.
- Create a new Category (this can be deleted later).
- Ensure the new Category applies to All Solutions, Solution Items, and Global Technology Type.
- In the Applicable Items drop down, select every item, then save the new Category.
- Request a new snapshot for the solution.
- Once the snapshot completes, you can delete the Category that was created for this process.
- 66308: Add Document comparison view
- 66497: Improve lineage support for connections between PowerBI and AS cubes
- 66511: Add ability to export snapshot from SentryOne Document for analysis
- 66533: Display task progress during document generation
- 66534: UI updates to workflow history grid header
- 66543: Improve Document finalization progress updates to account for search indexing
Version 2020.23 [November 17, 2020]
- 65938: Workflows cannot recover after an IIS App pool recycle/restart
- Note: Software version only
- Note: Software version only
- 65940: Track and surface Lineage and Document Finalization task progress in the task history UI
Version 2020.22 [November 3, 2020]
- 66258: Longer object names are not visible in documentation treeview
Version 2020.21 [October 20, 2020]
- 66043: Lineage graph spacing was off in certain scenarios
- 65093: Error loading values in Lineage Text View
- 65980: Current version/point in time button was not disabled when no solution selected
- 64900: Better handling and recovery after several failed attempts to generate a corrupted snapshot
- 66116: Server nodes show up as 'Unknown' in Environment Map
- 66067: Cannot establish link from SSAS to PowerBI
- 66044: Lineage Graph layout enhancements
- 64209: SSRS provider support for Visual Studio 2019 prerequisites
- 66157: Surface underlying error code when SentryOne Document Remote Agent user account validation fails during install
Version 2020.20 [October 8, 2020]
- Fix 65893: Some users unable to view point in time documentation
- Fix 65906: Request body too large error
Version 2020.19.2 [October 1, 2020]
- Updated styling for Lineage Graph
Version 2020.19 [September 22, 2020]
- Fix: 65716: Errors when installed on machines using time zones outside the US
- Note: Software version only
Version 2020.17 [August 25, 2020]
- Fix 65194: API fails to start when using SQL Authentication and the password contains a comma
- Note: Software version only
Version 2020.15.1 [August 11, 2020]
- Feature 64536: Improved in-app guides for SentryOne Document
- Note: Cloud version only
Version 2020.15 [July 29, 2020]
- Feature 57935: Ability to collapse the legend in the lineage view
- Feature 64400: Update organization for drop downs
- Fix 64289: Resolved an issue with text resizing when the window is resized
Version 2020.14 [July 14, 2020]
- Feature 63885: SentryOne Document Environment Map: Support to add SentryOne Database as a data source
- Feature 64373: Ability to limit what is produced from snapshot for Environment Map
Version 2020.12 [June 17, 2020]
- Feature 63862: Performance improvements to snapshot finalization process
- Feature 64321: Performance improvements to snapshot deletion process
- Feature 64239: Ability to view lineage in a text view
Version 2020.11 [June 2, 2020]
- Feature 64044: Enable installer to change server name and host name via command line installation
- Note: SentryOne Document Software version only
- Feature 63913: Add ability to filter lineage by technology subclass so that only certain types of dependencies are shown
Version 2020.10 [May 20, 2020]
- Feature 62115: DOC xPress to SentryOne Document Migration Tool (Import feature)
- Feature 60545: SentryOne Document Software (an on-premises, self-hosted version of SentryOne Document)
- Various technical and UI/UX enhancements
Version 2020.1.4 [April 17, 2020]
- Fix 63538: Jump To Documentation does not load selected object when single solution exists in organization
Version 2020.324.1 [March 31, 2020]
- Fix 63181: Limit lineage dependency level limit from 5 to 3
Version 2020.324.0 [March 24, 2020]
- Feature 62767: Added support for Azure Synapse Analytics (formerly named Azure Data Warehouse) as a documentation data source
- Various technical and UI/UX enhancements
Version 2020.225.0 [February 27, 2020]
- Feature 61323: Added support for SalesForce as a documentation data source
Version 2020.128.1 [February 4, 2020]
- Feature 58672: Added support for Azure Data Factory as a documentation data source
- Fix 61867: Various bug fixes.
Version 2020.128.0 [January 28, 2020]
- Feature 46817: Added Export Documentation feature
- Feature 58221: Data dictionary values for an object are now available via context menu on Lineage graph
- Feature 59076: Value lists in Data Dictionary can now be ordered
- Feature 59098: S1D License Tiers
- Feature 60488: Improved connection stability in the remote agent
Version 2019.1119.3 [January 7, 2020]
- Fix 61075: Lineage finalization failure attempting to execute empty batch
Version 2019.1119.2 [December 17, 2019]
- Fix 61020: Batches could be oversized in the LinkRouteInfo repository
Version 2019.1119.0 [November 18, 2019]
- Feature 58110: Ability to jump from documentation to lineage for a chosen object
- Feature 58409: Workflows are now abandoned when associated Remote Agent or Solution is deleted
- Feature 59200: Ability to trigger a Remote Agent update from the portal
- Feature 59655: Improved document compare experience when there is only a single version of a document
Version 2019.1105.0 [November 4, 2019]
- Feature 56669: The Data dictionary feature is now available
- Feature 58002: Hide expansion icons if a tree has no children
- Feature 58150: Improved the styling of the documentation content
- Feature 58224: Documentation version comparison is now available
- Feature 59368: Full browser refresh is now no longer required to pick up newly deployed changes
Version 2019.1022.0 [October 23, 2019]
- Feature 57521: Add Remaining Data Source Tracker
- Feature 57524: Add unsupported browser message
- Feature 57944: Add user guidance available on lineage view
- Feature 58408: Add ability to delete future pending workflows
- Feature 58418: Add ability to see running tasks and installed providers from the remote agent screen
- Feature 58424: When queuing a workflow, ensure that there are agents in the pool
- Feature 58627: Show version number and update history in Remote Agents display
- Feature 58763: User guidance is available on documentation view
- Feature 58804: Add workflow locking
- Feature 58818: Improved Lineage toolbar and Legend display when window is shrunk
- Fix 58521: Issue loading ISPAC
- Fix 58600: Mark workflow items as completed after a stage failure
- Fix 58630: Workflow cancellation does not cancel running task
Version 2019.1008.0 [October 8, 2019]
- Feature 57577: Fetch workflow history periodically to show updates
- Feature 57995: Enable S1D remote agent installer to run without launching the config tool (file upgrade only mode)
- Feature 58003: Short circuit workflow when tasks fail
- Feature 58004: Updated template package
- Fix 58044: Task History section headers may show failure status incorrectly
- Fix 58624: Task History New Task Status "Abandoned" is not supported on the UI
- Fix 58609: Workflow Refresh Service should not add additional loggers
Version 2019.924.0 [September 24, 2019]
- Feature 57653: [Lineage] Links between nodes now show icons indicating the link type
- Feature 57724: Manage menu item has moved to a settings cog
- Feature 57739: Ability to switch between solutions on the Lineage view
- Feature 58027: Ability to switch between solutions on Documentation view & new top level Documentation menu
Version 2019.910 Preview Release [September 11, 2019]
- Feature 46877: View lineage as a graph
- Feature 55379: Add ability to cancel all tasks in a workflow
- Feature 55799: Automatic license installation for the remote agent
- Feature 55808: Ability to show command line to schedule a snapshot
- Feature 55897: [Metadata] Ability to view metadata for a vertex within lineage
- Feature 55898: [Endpoint Aliases] Ability to manage endpoint aliases for a solution
- Feature 56574: Ability to jump to documentation from lineage
- Feature 57078: [Lineage] Ability to search solution explorer
Version 2019.814 [August 16, 2019]
- Feature 55805: Ability to show command line to schedule a snapshot
- Feature 50482: Scale out support for Remote Agent reply list tracker
- Feature 55999: Improvements to Documentation view layout for scrolling
- Fix 56153: Clicking node icon in documentation table of contents does not highlight the whole selected item
- Fix 55671: Buttons aren't styled correctly
Version 2019.730.1 [July 31, 2019]
- Feature 54176: Documentation table of contents now shows topic icon for each node
- Feature 55452: Solution Items action Icon Missing Tool Tip
- Feature 55453: Hide hamburger menu on all grids by default
- Feature 55672: Fix to allow log output dialog to grow big to better show more content
- Fix 55335: Table of contents display can run out of space
Pilot [July 22, 2019]
- Pilot version released