As a reminder, conditions describe the various states of any monitored objects, and actions determine what happens when a condition is met.
The conditions displayed in the Conditions pane change depending on which node or object is selected in the Navigator pane. If you don't see the Conditions pane once you have selected your desired node in the Navigator pane, select View > Conditions.
- Select the shared groups node to see globally applied conditions in the Conditions pane.
- Select any applicable object level below the shared groups node to see two specific sets of applied conditions in the Conditions pane.
The top section is the Inherited section that shows you any applied conditions that are being passed down to the current level. Beneath that is the Explicit section that shows you applied conditions that have been set at the current level. Each action that you set up in your environment has an associated behavior that controls how the action is carried out relative to any inherited actions. See the following for more information about Action Behavior:
- Disable—Special set of instructions that simply disallow the passed down (inherited) set of instructions.
- Override—Special set of instructions that are followed instead of the passed down (inherited) instructions.
- Combine—Set of instructions that are followed in addition to the passed down (inherited) instructions.
Select the desired node in the Navigator pane to add a new action. Then, select Add to open the Action Selector window. Expand the applicable object and condition. Use the checkbox(s) to select which actions should be taken in response to the condition being met, and then select OK.
Select the condition in the Inherited section of the Conditions pane, and then select Disable, Override, or Combine.
When an inherited condition is overridden or disabled, it appears in the Inherited section, but its text is grayed-out, and its status says Overridden.
For more information about actions and conditions, see the Alerting and Response System topic.