Download: To download a free copy of CodeSlice, visit the SentryOne CodeSlice Product Information Page.
- SQL Server Integration Services 2012
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Professional Edition or better
- SQL Server Data Tools - Business Intelligence for Visual Studio 2012
- SQL Server Integration Services 2014
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition or better
- SQL Server Data Tools - Business Intelligence for Visual Studio 2013
- Microsoft ® .NET Framework 4.5.1
The following operating systems are supported by CodeSlice:
|64-bit (x64) Operating Systems:||32-bit (x86) Operating Systems:|
|Windows Server 2008 R2||Windows Server 2008 R2|
|Windows Server 2012||Windows Server 2012|
|Windows Server 2016||Windows 7|
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 8||Windows 10|
The following memory and processor requirements apply to all editions of CodeSlice:
|Component||Minimum Requirements||Recommended Requirements|
|Memory||Two GB||At least Four GB|
|Processor Speed||1.4 GHz||2.0 GHz or faster|
Important: Running CodeSlice on a virtual machine is slower than running natively because of the overhead of virtualization.
Version 2018.2.3 [April 27, 2018]
Important: The 2018.2.3 release for CodeSlice will be the last supported release for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2.
Version 2018.1.4 [February 8, 2018]
- New 14664: CodeSlice extensions now support initializing logging through external configuration files
Version 2016.3.7 [August 1, 2016]
- New 4895: Added ConnectionString parameter types
ConnectionString parameter types indicate that the script expects to use the Connection's ConnectionString property in the script. Script creators can use this value to better align the connection usage with their scripts.
- Fix 3447: Typo: "Programmatically" is spelled incorrectly in the "Call SSIS Package Programatically" CodeSlice
- Fix 3450: Variable bound parameters within "Execute SSIS Package" Code Slices create invalid scripts
- Fix 3460: Remove the MessageBox.Show() from "Count Lines In a File" Slice
- Fix 4851: XamlParseException when opening CodeSlice wizard
- Fix 4917: Invalid characters within a Slice title should be sanitized without throwing an error
- Fix 4918: VB for "Archive File (Move / Copy / Rename)" corrupts Script throwing "hexadecimal value 0x03, is an invalid character. Line 135, position 3. (mscorlib)"
- Fix 4919: VB Scripts do not compile complaining about "String constant expected"
- Fix 4961: "Insert CodeSlice" context menu does not appear within Visual Studio 2015 when TargetServerVersion is set to SQL Server 2016
Version 2016.2.4 [January 31, 2016]
- Fix 4082 - Parameters that require a read-write variable should not allow the variable's privilege to be lowered to Read-Only
Version 2016.1.7 [January 31, 2016]
- Update Configure Variables
- Users can now elevate and demote variables between Read-only and Read-Write
- Fix General Usability
- (CDSLC-VSO-3486): Double-clicking on scroll bars within CodeSlice no longer sends users to the next page within CodeSlice
Version 2015.2 [October 27, 2015]
- New Control Flow Slices
- CodeSlice allows users the ability to add Scrip Tasks directly within their development environment
- Customize CodeSlice Script Tasks through parameterization, making them easy to reuse and customize
- New Data Flow Slices
- CodeSlice allows users the ability to add Script Components (Destinations, Sources, and Transforms) directly within their development environment
- Customize CodeSlice Script Components through parameterization, making them easy to reuse and customize