|Use the Report Mover to move SSRS reports from one server to another.|
Using Report Mover
Select Report Mover on the SentryOne Workbench to open the Report Mover. The Report Deployment view is segmented into two regions that display your report server structure. The left side is the source, and the right side is the target. In the center, the cog icon opens your server configurations. This is where you set the URL(s) for the servers you want to connect for deployment.
Note: Report Mover is compatible with SSRS 2008 R2 or later report servers.
Configure your server connections for the Report Mover by completing the following steps:
- Select Configure Servers to open the configurations view.
- Select Add to add a line for a new server. Enter a server name, and enter the report server's URL. Select Test to test the connection to ensure that you have the proper permissions to access the report server, and that the URL is correct. Note: Once the connection has been validated, the Report Service endpoint will be added to the URL.
- Select Save to save your connections, then select Close.
Connecting and Deploying
Connect and Deploy your reports by completing the following steps:
1. Select your source and target from the drop-down above each field.
2. Select the report objects you want to deploy from the source, and a target folder on the destination. In the example below, we copy the dataset "EmpSalesMonth2008R2" to the root directory.
3. Select Deploy Reports to open the Impact Analysis page.
4. Configure your target path from the root where you selected. Select the Create Path option.
Note: If you want to add a new folder within the root you selected, you may do so here. The Items on the target may be impacted by this deployment.
5. Select Deploy to deploy your selections.
Note: Selecting Deploy directs you back to the Report Deployer main view where You can see the status of your recent deployments. Review your deployments to confirm the report items successfully deployed.